My education and training
In 2007 I obtained a BA DEGREE WITH HONOURS IN LINGUISTIC AND CULTURAL MEDIATION from Libera Università degli Studi San Pio V in Rome with the thesis "Visibility without power": the presence of women in the current Italian and German journalism and the image of women in traditional media (supervisor Prof. Suzanne Sophie Fetzer).
During the course of studies I attended an international course in German language at the University of Augsburg (Munich) and in 2007 I obtained the C1-level certificate of German language Zentrale Mittelstufenpruefung at Goethe Institute in Rome.
In 2010 I obtained an MA DEGREE WITH HONOURS IN CONFERENCE INTERPRETING from Libera Università degli Studi San Pio V in Rome with the research thesis Machine or computer-assisted interpretation? The relationship between interpreters and Artificial Intelligence (supervisor Prof. Mely Garroni, AIIC interpreter).
During the academic year 2008-2009 I won the Erasmus scholarship to the interpreting school Sprachen&Dolmetscher Institut in Munich.
In 2010 I attended respeaking courses (by Pablo Romero-Fresco and Juan Martínez) for producing real-time subtitles for TV programmes and conferences.
Since March 2013 I have been a member of the International Association of Respeaking onA.I.R. - Intersteno Italia:
- January 2015 - today: German language expert
- June 2015: Participation in the 5th International Symposium on Respeaking (Libera Università degli Studi San Pio V in Rome)
- January 2017 - today: Social media manager
- July 2017: Jury member in charge of the text production competition of the 51st Intersteno Congress 2017 in Berlin (Germany)
- January 2018: Co-author and translator of the article The Intersteno Communication Project - For a plain international communication for Aliprandi-Rodriguez Academy
- January 2018: In charge of the audio transcription certification test of Aliprandi-Rodriguez Academy
- March 2018 - today: Board member and treasurer
- January - June 2019: Translator and proofreader of the official regulations for the Intersteno Cagliari 2019 international competitions
- June - July 2019: Jury member in charge of the text production competition of the 52nd Intersteno Congress 2019 in Cagliari (Italy)
- July 2019: Whispered simultaneous interpreter of the Opening ceremony of the 52nd Intersteno Congress 2019 at Teatro Massimo in Cagliari
In 2015 I delivered a SPEECH ON THE INTERPRETING AND RESPEAKING PROFESSIONS during the open day organized by Carlo Bo University in Rome.
Since January 2017 I have been enrolled as a sworn interpreter and translator for the English and German languages in the PROFESSIONAL CONSULTANT REGISTER OF THE CIVIL COURT OF ROME.
Over the years, I have also achieved the following professional training:
- SEMINAR ON VOICE-COACHING AND GERMAN ELOCUTION (by Ms. Margarete Assmuth, voice trainer for actors),
- SEMINAR ON EFFECTIVE AND PERSUASIVE COMMUNICATION (by Ms. Daniela Moretti, PNL coach),
- SEMINAR ON INTRODUCTION TO INTERPRETING AND TRANSLATION OF LEGAL ENGLISH (Libera Università degli Studi San Pio V in Rome),
- CONFERENCES ON CRIMINOLOGY (by Mr. Vincenzo Mastronardi, psychiatrist and clinical criminologist),
- ONLINE LESSONS ON LEGAL TERMINOLOGY FOR ITALIAN-/GERMAN-SPEAKING TRANSLATORS (Archomai Edizioni e Formazione),
- ONLINE LESSONS ON LEGAL TERMINOLOGY FOR FRENCH-SPEAKING TRANSLATORS (Leglosa),
- ONLINE CERTIFICATION AS A COMMUNITY INTERPRETER (CISOC - Cultural Interpretation Services for Our Communities),
- ONLINE COURSE ON MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE AND TERMINOLOGY (CISOC - Cultural Interpretation Services for Our Communities),
- ONLINE CERTIFICATION AS A REMOTE SIMULTANEOUS INTERPRETER ON KUDO PLATFORM (KUDO Inc.),
- ONLINE COURSE "WORKING SUPPORTIVELY WITH REFUGEES" ON THE ROLE OF THE INTERPRETER AND CULTURAL MEDIATOR IN THE IMMIGRATION CONTEXT (FutureLearn / University of Glasgow),
- WEBINAR SERIES "IDEAS BY INTERPRETERS" FOR INTERPRETERS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD (Boostlingo),
- ONLINE CERTIFICATION AS A REMOTE CONSECUTIVE INTERPRETER ON CADENCE PLATFORM (Cadence Translate),
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATION FOR REMOTE HEALTHCARE INTERPRETERS (Proz.com),
- ONLINE CERTIFICATION AS A REMOTE CONSECUTIVE INTERPRETER ON ABLIO PLATFORM (Ablio),
- ONLINE CERTIFICATION AS A REMOTE SIMULTANEOUS INTERPRETER ON ABLIOCONFERENCE PLATFORM (Ablio),
- 8th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE "THE AUSTRIAN SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS IN THE 21st CENTURY (Oesterreichische Nationalbank and Hayek Institut).